Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Maybe we should just have Christmas in September...

Those who know me know I love Christmas. Some might even call me a fanatic. I will have my Christmas tree up the day AFTER Thanksgiving and I put up so many decorations it takes me a week to take them all down. But there is a time and a place for Christmas. It started when I went to Target for Halloween costumes in OCTOBER. I was going through the aisles looking at Halloween stuff, I turned the corner and there it was-Christmas decorations!! I tried to avert my eyes and turn around as quickly as possible! So today I go to the mall and what should greet me? A giant Christmas tree!! Then further into the mall- a place for Santa to sit! Santa? Isn't he still in the North Pole making toys? Isn't he too busy to be at the Mall so early?? And then I heard them...Christmas Carols! It is just wrong, I am telling you...If I had to hear Christmas carols at work from Halloween to Christmas I might just go crazy...

3 comments:

Doug said...

Drives me nuts, too. Our Wal-Mart already has HUGE Christmas wreaths hanging outside right under the sign.

M3 said...

Psssst: can I admit something kind of grinch-like? We don't even put up a tree! Oh man, if the CCAA is reading this I bet I will go to the bottom of the pile now...

Gracencameronsmomy said...

Mary-Mia, I think you'll be OK, I don't think many people in China celebrate christmas! but just curious, why no tree?

Lisa