Thursday, November 10, 2005

Fashion woes

Since this has come up on a couple of other blogs I read, I will throw my 2 cents in...I like to look cute, really I do. But how cute can I look sitting in the sandbox with peanut butter on my pants? And I can't afford to spend a fortune on clothes, either...But I do feel some pressure to dress nice. It seems all of the Mom's at Cameron and Graice's school are very fashion savvy...The other day I listened to a half hour conversation about how to fold your jeans correctly in order to put them inside your Pocahontas like boots(tassels and all)This person had recently been to New York with out her children and apparently was up on all the new fashion trends. I was bored stiff. Can't we talk about kindergarten or what to do when our kid spits at us?? As I stand there in my old Levis, sweatshirt and Land's End moccasins, I felt a little out of place...

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

I am so with you! Who has time to shop for themselves? And isn't shopping for kids clothes so much more fun if you have extra time and money? I seem to have neither by the way. Besides the old Levis are the only jeans that aren't "low ride" and therefore won't slide down to your knees when you bend down to pick your child up!

Donna said...

Levis, sweatshirt and Land's End moccasins? Wow! That's much better than me.... I dress in whatever brand Target has on sale ;)

Donna