Saturday, July 05, 2008

It wasn't exactly as I'd pictured...

I have always loved the 4th of July. I grew up close to the beach and we would spend all day there. Then, at night we would have a fire and watch fireworks. I have always wanted my children to experience that. But in Northern Ca, it is cold in July, and too foggy to even see any fireworks. The water at the beaches are too cold and the waves too dangerous to swim. So I was excited to see that our resort was having an "Independence day beach party" complete with a BBQ and fireworks. It seemed ironic that my children would get to live my childhood 4th of July dream-in Mexico. Still, I was excited. But it was not meant to be. Instead we got this:


I am not sure if you can see the rain in this picture, but I have not seen rain like that since China. Complete with crashing thunder and lightning...So the beach party was moved indoors and we walked back to our room in pouring rain and watched the short fireworks show from our balcony. Not as I pictured, but still fun...


1 comment:

Michelle said...

Bummer about the rain. It was blazing hot here yesterday. Looks like you had a fun time anyway. Hey, you should plan a trip down South next year for 4th of July! We could hang at the beach and have a BBQ and watch fireworks.