Saturday, July 05, 2008

Books, Books, Books

I love, love to read, but I don't do it as much as I would like to. Partly, it is because when I am in the middle of a good book, I do not like to be interupted. For. any. reason. Something my children do not seem to understand! I can be a litle bit obssesive about my reading, staying up until all hours of the night and gerenerally ignoring all the other things I need to be doing. (like cooking and laundry!) So I only read a few books a year. Except when I am on vacation. I have finished 3 books so far. Then, I discovered Audiobooks on my ipod. I can listen to a book while watching my children in the pool and not being a neglectful parent. I can also listen while making lunch for them and in the dark, two things I cannot do while reading. They are a little on the expensive side, but totally worth it to me...
Here is what I have been reading/listening to and would highly reccomend:
The last summer of (you and me)
by Ann Brashares

This was my first Audiobok, and I thought it was great. I have not read her Sister's of the traveling pants series.
Change of Heart by Jodi Picoult

This was not my favorite Jodi Picoult, I liked My sister's keeper and Nineteen minutes better, but it was still a good read.

The Friday Night Knitting club by Kate Jacobs
I loved this one for it's women's relationships.


Next on my Audiobook list is Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen


What are some of your favorite books?

4 comments:

Kayce said...

I so love to read too. Love Jodi Picoults books, My Sisters Keeper was great, I agree with you about Change of Heart. I'm getting ready to read 19 minutes and looking forward to it. I also like Sophie Kinsella and Emily Giffin, for fun quick reads.

I also just stumbled upon Jennifer Lancaster who is a blogger turned author, Bitter is the New Black. SERIOUSLY FUNNY! Her blog is linked on my sidebar under Jensylvania.

Anonymous said...

You should definitely read her Traveling Pants series (which is a lot of fun) and also see the movies based on the book (one of which is out on DVD the other coming out this August in theaters). I also enjoyed The Friday Night Knitting Club and Water for Elephants was one of my favorite books of 2007!
Stephanie
Forksandchopsticks
thewrittenword

Lisa and Tate said...

I love books that bring you into a culture... Some favs...

A Thousand Splendid Suns

Memiors of Geisha

Snowflower and the Secret Fan

Bone Setters (???) Daughter

These Is my Words

Holy crap, I have a hard time remembering actual names of books, so I hope was able to get part of the name correct.

Kylie's momma said...

Welcome home! Oooh I'm like you ...I get TOTALLY engrossed in a book and nothing stops me till I'm done. I have My Sister's Keeper waiting on my bedside. Thanks for the heads up. I'm into EASY no brainer reads right now..Jackie Collins and Clive Cussler to mention a couple. Hope vacation was fun. Where were you this time?
PS. TAG you're it!