Wednesday, November 07, 2007

It's Wednesday night, do you know where your husband is?

Yeah, me either. I think he is at some black tie awards ceremony. Or was that last night? Maybe he's at a fancy restaurant with new clients. I forget. But we haven't seen much of him during the week lately, that much I know.Last night he got home around 9:00 and asked me what I had for dinner. I told him Macaroni and cheese and chicken nuggets. He said "no, what did you have?" "I said that is what I had!" I know it is important for him being a new partner to meet lots of people. But I can't help feeling left out. And tired. I told him I had a staff meeting next week and he said he was seeing Al Gore speak. I can't compete with that! Sometimes I am not sure that I am making much of a difference. I mean, I do feel that raising kids and teaching preschool are two very important jobs. But I guess they aren't very glamorous. Well, back to watching the Country Music Awards and eating left over Halloween candy. OK, now I just sound pathetic!

3 comments:

Space Mom said...

Sorry you're having a left out day... I get it...

M3 said...

At least you still have Halloween candy in the house. We're having a rotten day and no candy in sight.

Seriously though, I'm sorry you're feeling tired and left out. No fun. And you're not alone. Big hugs.

Kristin said...

oh gosh Lisa...I am right there with you!! Brian has been on a trip to freakin' London for 3 weeks!!!!!!!!! yes, that's right...since the 21st of Oct. he's been gone...I'm WIPED OUT! with all the stuff with the girls, school, and fitting in the gym everymorning..I am tired...

Brian comes home today (the 11th) and it's our 12th anniversary today, so at least he'll be here for some of it...

BEST part..we leave for Cabo the 18th....bring on the margaritas for ME, because god knows, in the past 3 weeks, I"ve earned them!

hang in there girl!

Kristin