Saturday, November 10, 2007

I'm skipping Thanksgiving this year!

That's right. I'm going right to Christmas. Since we will be in Vancouver for Thanksgiving, anyway,(Can't wait!)and we are not having the traditional Thanksgiving, I've decided to get into the holiday spirit! I love Christmas. For me, Thanksgiving just got in the way. So bring on the Christmas carols! The decorations! The present buying!(this is my favorite part. I love to shop, and I love even more to shop for others!) Who's with me?

I am only partly joking. I am going to put up the tree next weekend, so we can decorate it as soon as we get home..

4 comments:

Michelle said...

I am! Who needs Thanksgiving anyway?
(Oh, except for the whole being thankful part. That part is important!)

P.S I am actually sending you the stuff I put on my blog to use on the flight there, but save one or two items for the flight back.

M3 said...

Oh my gosh I can't believe you're putting up the tree next weekend, you are so funny!! Can't wait to see pictures of the decorating -- I'm picturing that ours will be WAY more Three Stooges than Norman Rockwell, but hey the girls could always surprise me. ;-)

Kylie's momma said...

OY! You must have never worked in retail?! I swear Christmas is getting earlier and earlier! Our friends have you beat and have already put up their tree. We have our lights up only for the fact we try and do it while it's till somewhat warm out. But you guys inspired us and we're going away for Tday too. Just our family, hot pools and a turkey buffet. Sounds heavenly to me too! Have a GREAT trip to Canada-eh!:-)

Donna said...

I'm with you! I love way a house full of red and gold and green Christmas decorations make me feel. And I love the glow of a Christmas tree. It makes me feel content and happy. So I'm going into full Christmas mode this weekend! (I'll confess that my tree is in the Family Room and the girls don't have unsupervised access to that room.)

:)

Donna