Monday, September 04, 2006

A much needed break

This is a quote from one of my favorite blogs-Cease Cows! Life is short!. She is talking about good things she did over the weekend and I think about it so much, because I can so relate to it.
"- Making my Weekly Exodus on Saturday without freakingthefuckout first. There's much to be said for calmly leaving for your solitary outing as opposed to suddenly stopping mid-laundry, throwing your hands up in the air and stating I'VE GOTTA GET OUT OF HERE OR I'M GOING TO GO CRAZY while everyone in the family stands around shifty-eyed and uncomfortable."
Today, after a 3 day weekend, I realized that I had to get out of this house and away from my family. I just needed to be by myself for a few hours. It is so rare that I am ever by myself. So what to do with all this free time? Shopping, or course! I needed some new clothes for my debut back to work. Yeah, I'll be teaching 3 year olds, but I still should look presentable, right? I also had fun shopping for iddy biddy baby clothes for a friend who just had her third child. She has two boys and she had a girl! I went a little crazy with the pink! So it turned out to be a good weekend after all...

5 comments:

C's Mom said...

Zoiks! What am I in for? I freak the $*#& out when it is only ME in the house because I have to get outta here.

Hope I have a kid who travels well andis easily entertained ;0) Since there's only me, she's in for the out o da house ride. Only now and then will that ride be to the babysitting relative's house.

Donna said...

I need to learn how to not FTFO before leaving the house on the weekends too. I can't count the times I've been totally pissed off as we finally loaded into the car and headed to breakfast 45 minutes late. Now, with two toddlers, I really need to find some zen.

Donna

Puddin' said...

Yes, sometimes those loooong weekends with the family can be a bit, ahem, overwhelming!

I'm glad you were able to find some "you" time away! It NEEDS to happen every now and then. :-)

M3 said...

Good for you! Sounds like some me-time was definitely called for. (Shopping sounds great too - bring on the pink!)

Hugs,
m

Kristin said...

I love Nino... she always has such dead on insight!

Glad you had a good weekend!