Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Rain and other ramblings...

Today we had our first rain. I was caught off gaurd. That is what I get for not watching the news(like they can really predict the weather) . I woke up and the deck was wet and I thought "that can't be, it must just be the fog and mist..." I got the kids ready for school and we left and it started to pour, causing This.You see, here in Sunny California, we are not used to rain, especially the first rain of the season...We got to school late with no rain boots, rain coats or umbrellas...Gracie splashed in every puddle on the way to her class(wouldn't you?) and was soaking by the time we got there...On another note, I had a rare day "off" today. I did not have to work in either of the kids classrooms, so I went for a walk around school and ended up at Peets.
I just sat and drank my coffee and watched people. Who are these people who are sitting drinking their Nonfat-decaf-vanilla Latte(I am not making fun of anyone, this is what I actually order!) at 10:00 Am on a Wednesday? Some of them are stay at home moms, like myself, but not all. Ther was a student working on their computer, a bussiness person and some young men in jeans and sweatshirts...There was a stay at home Dad with twins who were soo cute! Now, when I had a job, I was not at Peets at 10:00 Am, I was at work. So I ask, where were youat 10:00 this morning?

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I was at work, just like every other week day. Let's see...at 10:00 a.m. we are just coming in from the playground, and then went inside and read a story. Same old, same old!

M3 said...

Hooray! Maybe they're all people like me who got fed up and quit their jobs and are now sitting there drinking java thinking "oh my god you mean I don't have to go to another lame 3-hour meeting or work on another stinking PowerPoint presentation for the rest of my life?! Is this heaven?!!!!"

:-)