Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Libby's still very sick

They had to insert a tube into her chest to drain the fluid. She will be there for at least another day or two...I miss her. Meanwhile, this is costing us a small fortune! A couple of friends (who do not have pets) Have asked why we don't just put her to sleep? This is just not an option for us. If she had some disease that would cause her to die soon or if she would be in pain, that would be different, but she will make a full recovery from this. That would be like killing her because she is expensive. We love our dogs and treat them as part of the family. They were our children when we couldn't have children...I guess people without pets don't understand this...I just hope she can come home soon. Other news: This weekend we went to our adption agency-ACCEPT's annual picnic. We were very late because we were at the vet with Libby, but we stayed for a bit. I got to meet some of my blogger friends. Cameron and Gracie had such a fun time in the water fountain! I will post pictures tomorrow, too tired...

3 comments:

M3 said...

Hi from a fellow Californian blogger!

I'm with you on the pet thing - money simply isn't the issue when it comes to the furry members of your family.

Sending best wishes to Libby for a speedy recovery. Hope she's romping happily at the dog park real soon.

If you want to come to the next adoptive mom's lunch, give me a shout and I'll add you to the list. We're rounding up all the cool adoptive moms in No Cal.

Donna said...

I hope Libby gets well soon! We've had our precious old kitty "Blue" to the vet twice in the last month and will get the results of his xray today. I hope it's something that can be fixed and, like you, we'll just handle the expense the way we would for any of our beloved family members.

Michelle said...

Now I feel bad because I may have been one of the people that asked if she should be put to sleep! Not because of the cost, but because she is getting pretty old, and I wasn't sure if she was going to come out of this in good health. I am one to talk about putting beloved pets to sleep, because we paid 1500 dollars many years ago to have a marble removed from Tessie's intestines because she swallowed it and it was too big to pass! We didn't think twice about it. We just put it on the credit card and made payments on it forever.( I wonder if it has been paid off yet?) Anyway, I hope Libby gets to come home soon. It's no fun being sick, and I'm sure Buster misses her!