Thursday, September 29, 2005

Four year old playdates...

We have moved into a new phase in our life: The "drop off" playdate. When Cameron was 4 weeks old, I started a baby playgroup. It was so nice to get together with other moms and talk about sleeping(or not), fevers and poop. They evolved from all sitting around in a circle with our babies on a blanket, to chasing them at the park and making sure they share with one another. I still keep in touch with these mom's, although our kids schedules keep them from getting together. These playgroups were always about me more than the kids! Well, it seems now that Cameron is 4, it is time for the drop off playdate. The kids have a great time, but I feel a little lonely...Maybe these mothers already have enough friends to have adult conversation with....But with my two best friends living in Missouri and North Carolina, I miss talking with other moms...Anyone want to start a "mommy playgroup?"

No comments: