Friday, May 26, 2006

My head is a box filled with nothing

That is a line from one of my favorite Ben Lee songs.(great album) And it is totally how I feel most of the time. I feel like I can't think straight half the time. Here are just a few examples...I lost my cell phone at Disneyland. I was talking on it one minute, and the next it was gone. I lost my wallet the next day. In my rush to get Gracie to the doctor on Wednesday, Cameron had no shoes on when we got there. That was fun to explain to the Doctor. I forget to pay bills. Our water had been turned off twice in the last year. (FYI...You do not need to be home for them to turn the water off, but must be home all day to wait for them to turn it back on). Thank God for the little "ding" that the car gives me when I am out of gas. I decided to try the stair stepper machine at the Gym. The guy next to me had to help me figure it out. It is the kind that are actual stairs, and they just come up one at a time. It started going too fast and I couldn't turn it off, so I tried to jump off and fell. The guy next to me said "Don't worry, I've done that before". Liar, but God bless you. (OK, maybe that speaks more to clumsiness, but still) I would love to say that this is a new thing and that having two kids is the reason. But I have always been this way. Maybe it has gotten worse, but I think this is just me. After I lost my wallet, Scott and I got into an argument about it. I just said that I have been like this since he has known me (15 years!) and that he needs to just get used to it. But if anyone has any ideas of how to help, please share...

6 comments:

Carol said...

Don't know how to help you but totally LOVED your entry today! Thanks for being real! We ALL have moments/days/weeks like that! No worries!
A reader from Ontario, Canada

M3 said...

No ideas here - I'm that way too and I don't have any kids yet.

Stay off that Stairmaster, by the way, those things are dangerous. ;-)

Michelle said...

Yeah, me too. My head is a box full of nothing half the time, and like m3, no kids yet. But then again, we are twins, so it isn't surprising that we would both be the same! I think it is that life is so stressful nowadays.(O.K. now I just sound old). No ideas here either! Sorry.

One Lucky Mom said...

Well, no ideas, but I'm really bad about things too. I swear I was thinking about going to the doctor and getting myself checked.

I used to be sharp as a tack...now...not so much!

Amy said...

I'm with you girl! I've lost it all and have no clue! My hubby will say "please finish your sentence" and I have no clue most of the time what I was saying! SAD! I'm sure if I was in school I'd have ADD written on my forehead! Maybe we'll bump into each other as we look for our car keys! :) Amy

Johnny said...

Just assume that it's too late to wave a magical wand and change forgetfullness. However...you could plan things like:

1) an emergency cell phone that you can easily activate if/when you lose one. I bought a spare one on eBay and then when I lost it stupidly (on a plane - it just slid out of my shorts pockets), I just pulled the used cell phone out of my desk drawer and activated it.

2) an emergency purse with spare keys and credit cards (after all, how do you know which credit card numbers to cancel unless you know what you had in the lost purse)?

But then, I like planning for the ULTIMATE-DAY-OF-DOOM kinda things.