Friday, January 11, 2008

5 days down...

Not doing too bad...I am pretty sure I will loose some this week. My biggest challenge is finding time to get to the gym...I make out a perfect schedule and then someone needs to go to the doctor, or the dryer breaks and I need to stay home and wait for the repair guy...and there goes Gym time. I kind of blew it last night. I took them to gymnastics and then we went to McDonald's (bad mom, I know). I had saved up enough points to have a chicken sandwich and a small fry. We weren't even half way finished and everyone had to go to the bathroom. So we left our food and jackets, etc...and went to the bathroom. I see the guy cleaning up around our table. He looks at me and I shook my head no as in "no, we aren't done". we come out and he has thrown all of of food away! I was so mad!(don't come between a new weight watchers member and her chicken sandwich!) So they offered to give us more food, but I just took some more chicken nuggets and one fry for the kids. But they were done, so I ended up eating them! arrg. I really need to work on my self control...

4 comments:

Shelley said...

Don't give up ... You can do it!!

Anonymous said...

You're doing good. Not to worry, the goal is not perfection just improvement. Some weeks you will do everything wrong and will lose. Some weeks you'll do everything right and the scale won't move or you might even gain! But consistency is key. More good days than bad days. As for working out, perhaps finding a good "at home" workout for those times you can't make it to the gym is the answer. I do T-Tapp (www.t-tapp.com). I love and highly recommend it. Very gentle (no bouncing up and down) yet precise and effective. Keep up the good work! I think just being aware of your eating habits is a huge plus. I know that's true for me.

Kristin said...

Hey Lis!
you go girl! you'll make this work! I"ve been a gymrat since Oct...get my butt kicked by a trainer every Tuesday for 30-45mins...BEST money I've spent in a long long long time.....I'm a 1500 cal. a day girl now, and NO wine, and I mean NO wine during the week (this is week 2 of it now)..I never start anything until after my birthday...but I'm battling 10 peri-menopausal lbs in the last year...and that's WITH working out...so you keep it up and stay motivated!

we need to get the kids together soon...not sure if we're hitting the FCC thing this year or not...been to enough of them (6)...

hugs,
Kristin

Space Mom said...

The first 2 weeks are the hardest!