Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Nobody told me I'd spend this much time in the bathroom....

When you think about having kids, you think about the diapers.There will be lots of diapers. You are prepared for this. No one tells you how much time you will spend in the bathroom once the diapers are gone. I mean, really, it has to be a least 2 hours a day, between the two kids. And a lot of these are public restrooms, and God knows you don't want to spend any more time in there than you have to. We must know where the bathroom is at all times. Between the cries of "I have to go peep pee" and "can you wipe me?" (really, when should a child do this alone??), that is a lot of time in the bathroom. Then there is the time that you would normally spend in the bathroom and the times I go in there just to be alone and lock the door. With all the time I spend in there, I think I will re decorate...

6 comments:

C's Mom said...

Oh hooray - now that's something to look forward to...eek!

One Lucky Mom said...

Man...I'm envious, only two hours a day? How do you work that out?

I don't remember my Mom spending so much time with me in the bathroom, do you?

Jen R. said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I am so sick of wiping my son's butt!

M3 said...

Hm, I'm guessing I'll be there soon... If you find a good decorating scheme, let us know! ;-)

Chris Ayers & Kelly Kline said...

Helen prefers the portable potty we carry in the trunk of the car to any public restroom, so we are lucky so far (until her modesty kicks in!)

Kristin said...

just when i have the boys finally wiping their own rear ends... I have to return to the land of the skanky public toilet with miss eva.

Yuck.

btw...totally available the weekend you are down!